Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fitness Friday: It’s been a long time

After 132 days away from my WiiFit, I finally got back on the balance board on Wednesday. I’m a bit sore but I’m loving the results. And I was rather shocked to see that I’ve dropped even more weight despite eating often. One of the great perks of breastfeeding. I’m now at about 125 pounds (57 kilos), which is considered underweight BMI since I’m about 5′11″. I was about 140 after giving birth to Mack 8 months ago and it’s just been dropping like crazy since then. The Wii is telling me I need to gain about 12 pounds of muscle to get back to average BMI…so I have my work cut out for me. I’m not sure that just using the Wii will get me toned and fit all over, but it’s all I can commit to besides walks with the dog (which I really don’t get any option about since Ayla goes crazy without them) so that’s that.

I could also be eating a bit more regularly and healthy during the day instead of drinking a couple cups of coffee, but I am at least trying to get a liter or two of water in me even when I’m not eating all I should. It’s not that I’m trying to starve myself and I heat like a horse usually…I’m just on the go a lot doing stuff around here and working n various projects so I just don’t find the time to eat. But since I do feed Mackenzie real food rarely regularly, I am trying to eat with her. Don’t need to start setting bad habits for her already!

So here’s a little recap of my workouts. On Wednesday I set a new Rythm Boxing Record in the 3 minute workout of 371. I’ve never managed to score above 360 before so I guess the absence was good for me. I also did a rep of 30 Jacknife exercises for the abs. They are sore but in a good way. It’s been really motivating to get back into the schedule of working out again. I haven’t figured out exactly when to do it yet and still had less than 30 minutes of exercise but I figure with the hour or so I spend each day walking the dog, this movement is pretty good. And since I can really feel it all over, I know it’s working.

I’m really hoping to keep up the momentum this time and continue to make time for exercising. My body seems to appreciate it so much when I do, even if it does make me groan a bit to move. The pain and stiffness just keep me going.

0 comments: