Saturday, July 18, 2009

Products I am DIGGING and some I’m so NOT

I am loving my Bare Escentuals spf 30 Natural Sunscreen. It has fun packing w/the powder and brush all nicely contained in the tube. You just twist and the brush fills w/just the right amount of product. I got the ‘light’ one and it is more of a medium, which is fine…it gives me a bit of color along w/spf 30! What’s not to like? I got mine at Ulta.com but it’s available at Mecca aka Sephora as well.

Last night before I met Tina for our girly date, I stopped at Ulta and picked up Urban Decay’s Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss. Am a lip gloss fanatic. If it comes in a fun pink and has cute packaging, I am so IN. Have to say tho, I was a bit confused by this one…’pocket rocket’? Seems like a name for a vibrator! (ahem…from what I hear, that is) It’s packaging is nice and slim and would fit easily in a pocket w/out a weird lump…it also says: ”Rub the tube to release pheromones into the air—chemical signals that are undetectable by smell, but enhance mood and sexual attraction.” Um, okay. I’ll test out the pheromone part when the Hubs gets back. I chose the color “David” (”James” was my back-up color choice) and it was a nice shade of pink but the flavor is not-so-good. It’s described as ‘creme brulee’ which is an interesting choice for a lip gloss flavor ;-) A bit eeuuww.

Am just trying out the Cargo LashActivator Mascara (got mine at Sephora). I want to try Latisse but a) it costs over $100 and b) it may or may not turn my blue eyes brown! (am I dating myself too much if I recall Crystal Gayle’s ‘Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue’?? Yes, I guess I am!) I just started using it so I can’t say yay or nay just yet. So far, it goes on smoothly and is a nice ‘primer’…not that I have time or energy to add ‘lash primer’ to my non-existent routine! So, if I don’t see some sort of results, it’s buh-bye!

And, lastly…

Am waiting anxiously for the release of the new DuWop Lip Venom V. Yes, that is V for VAMPIRE! They say:

Lip Venom V is not your typical DuWop venom. Instead of a gloss, Lip Venom V is a shimmering crimson lip stain suspended in a venom-laced liquid lip conditioner with a super potent bite (watch out!), and contains argan, avocado, olive oils and vitamin E.

It can be pre-ordered at shop.duwop.com. Just hoping Edward Cullen knows when my shipment arrives ;-)

0 comments: