Friday, July 17, 2009

CP Steal: A Serious Addiction

I have a confession to make. I’ve got an obsession, no an addiction to beauty products. I can’t get enough! Though I have my favorites that I use religiously, I always want to try the latest and greatest, the new and improved and…ohh someone slap me!

Back to reality, the most taxing part of my obsession is that it can get pretty costly. Mascara here, moisturizer there, 5 nail polishes later and I wind up spending a fortune since, as I’m sure you all know, beauty products rarely go on sale. Enter Nordstrom, the enabler, er…I mean department store is celebrating their annual Anniversary Sale, where their cosmetic department provides devoted beauty customers the opportunity to snag limited-edition products from a variety of brands (think Chanel, Lancome, Nars), which are only available during the sale.

The Nordstrom team works closely with their fragrance, cosmetic, hair care, skincare and men’s grooming brands to develop compelling and one-of-a-kind offerings solely for this event. Some brands use this opportunity to preview fall product launches while others see it as a chance to get a little experimental with the product development process.

If you’re a true beauty addict like me, log onto http://www.nordstrom.com or stop into Nordstrom stores to pre-order and reserve your favorites now. The actual sale starts July 17th and runs through August 2nd.

If your last attempt at a smokey eye had you look more like the Hamburglar than an Olsen twin, head to your nearest Sephora for a consolation in their newly launched Beauty Studio. The Studio features Express Services with Sephora U trained Beauty Experts that allow you to master any look in minutes. With no commitment to buy, you can take lessons on the daunting smokey eye, the perfect pout and the always-desirable flawless skin.

So if you’re looking to impress try a sexy red lip, for a night on the town go heavy on the black liner and for day-to-day well why not sport that celebrity glow?

Available at all Sephora stores, log on to http://www.sephora.com to find your nearest location and call to book an appointment.

All this beauty talk has me wondering, what’s you’re must have beauty product?

0 comments: